Zanichelli Meccanica S.p.A.
Founded in 1954 in Parma by Giuseppe Zanichelli, ZACMI manufactures machines and complete plants for the food industry.
More than 100 people work on a 37.000 m2 area, planning and manufacturing components and processing equipment for the food industry with high prototypal characteristics. More than 1000 customers and a worldwide network of agents, over 2500 machines installed.
2016 Sales volume: 25 million Euro, 95% of which is exported.
ZACMI annually invests 8% of its revenue in R&D. This permits to meet customers’ demands and offer updated, user-friendly, easy to clean machines.
ZACMI is specialised in the development of specific customers’ requests and is therefore able to produce tailor-made machines.
Automation and 4.0 Industry
User-friendly automation with SCADA system, R.A.S. (Remote Assistance Service) through Internet line, possibility to control the line through Smartphone or Tablet, are some of the features available with ZACMI platform.
Highest consideration and observance of the law in force (as for example: EN 292, EN 60204, 97/23/CE, etc.) and mutual benefit relationship with customers and suppliers.
1. Respect and protection of human rights
We respect and protect basic human rights guaranteed by international declarations as well as national constitutions and judicial precedents, and we do not infringe on such rights.
2. Prohibition of discrimination
We respect one another as individuals and do not discriminate on the grounds of ethnicity or race; religious or political convictions or other beliefs; gender; regional or family background; disability; or age.
3. Prohibition of harassment
We do not speak or act in ways that degrade individual dignity based on issues such as gender, authority or position (sexual harassment or power harassment), nor do we engage in any other form of harassment.
4. Protection of privacy
We do not disclose information relating to individuals’ private lives gained in the workplace or in the course of our duties without the clear consent of the individual concerned.
5. Respect and protection of basic labor rights
We respect and protect basic labor rights, including workers’ rights to organize and bargain collectively, and we do not infringe on such basic labor rights.
6. Prohibition of forced labor / child labor
We do not take part in any form of forced labor or child labor.
7. Workplace health and safety
We comply with workplace health and safety laws as well as regulations designed to prevent workplace accidents. We ensure safe and healthy working conditions, promote the creation of comfortable work environments, and do not act in ways that conflict with these aims.
In our Company all personnel follow a training programme through specific courses as well as directly in our factory, with the continuous support of highly qualified staff.
Moreover, a high importance is given to transversal expertise such as the knowledge of foreign languages, data processing and leadership development.
Our technical staff is trained, firstly at our factory and then at customers’ premises worldwide.
As well as training our technicians, it is also our policy to adequately train our customers’ technicians in the correct operation procedures of the installed plants, both in our premises as well as on site, with the aim of obtaining their full satisfaction.
In 2015, ZACMI started to introduce Lean Manufacturing and Lean thinking throughout the Company.
ZACMI look to the future and not only to their own tomorrow. A relevant percentage of the revenues is invested in development projects. Our target is not only the technical improvement of all the equipment but also the search for technology and materials that may reduce energy consumption, pollution during operation, disposal phases and environmental impact.
Quality as “modus operandi” because everyone at ZACMI is taught to do things in a proper way. The ISO 9001:2015 standard approval obtained in the year 2018 underlines the goal reached in these terms.
We guarantee our after-sales service 24 hours a day, everywhere in the world within the declared technical terms, by remote assistance, where possible, or by the presence of our technicians.
ZACMI’s system is centred on customers’ demands and each product is manufactured accordingly. Our goal is the total satisfaction of the customer.
Focus on customers’ needs and requirements for their total fulfillment
Study and design an adequate response to the needs and requirements of each customer, to find the best solution deriving from what has already been developed and built.
Guarantee our customers’ competitiveness and success in time through technological innovation, guarantee competitiveness through continued innovation for the success of our customers, earning their trust towards future investment based on joint experience.
Assure an improvement in the daily working quality with the aim of reaching a balanced and sustainable living condition.
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Our Customers are our assets;
- Our Collaborators are our wealth and resources;
- Quality is the basis on which we operate and is essential to guarantee the functional reliability of our products.
The inspiring points of the above values are summarised in the following strategies and programme guidelines:
- To satisfy Customers’ expectations, creating a mutually beneficial relationship;
- To guarantee the organization’s operating flexibility, with availability of suitable material and human resources, for a lean structure that permits a rapid response to the market requirements;
- To manage the resources, as well as monitoring the process steps, so as to exploit their potential to its best. Amongst the available assets, our main attention is obviously focused on human resources;
- To integrate the various company processes, adapting the relative instrument and communication means, encourage, involve and assure the professional growth of our personnel to reach the maximum efficiency levels, creating an internal policy based on cost awareness and its reduction process applying the LEAN theory;
- Quality must be seen as a substantial element in order to create added value, for better products and services as compared with our competitors;
- To continuously monitor the environment and working conditions for our personnel’s well-being and maintain the quality level of safety that has been obtained over the years.
ZANICHELLI MECCANICA SPA POLICY
TARGET FOR SUCCESS AND CRITICAL FACTORS
- Consider the quality of the product as a strategic factor for success;
- Increase the annual turnover, margins, research for new trade strategies and the company’s operating efficiency in all sectors through LEAN projects;
- Preference towards qualified Suppliers that follow the same Quality Control System principles;
- Consolidate the programming, production planning and cost determination systems;
- Development of the technical and general competence of our human resources, followed by training and inclusion activities, in case of misalignment between the expected and effective competence;
- Monitoring and reduction of any non-conformity, in the awareness that every problem leads to a cost for the Company.